Tuesday, November 15, 2005

.

A friend of ours has died today. Out of the blue, with no warning. On an anonymous site talking about an anonymous person to most of you, I send my love to his wife and to all my friends, even if they didn't know him. When this happens, who knows what to do, say, feel. I just know I want to feel connected. There it is.

Addendum ... 8:08 p.m.
Been reading sytheticzero, and was struck by Mitsu's thoughts after seeing "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind":

"We bloom into being in the matrix of life and we disappear, but we don't really disappear --- we're not three-dimensional objects, separated from the world, but we breathe into the world and breathe the world in, and thus, when we die, we're not gone, because our presence in the world was what it was entirely, at that moment, and that creates a cascade of effects that continue on. Just as we owe a debt of gratitude (or blame) for the billions of years before us, our existence contributes to what happens after us as well. In a way, that's partly what the movie was about --- the impossibility of erasure. It's something we would like to do but cannot.

"Not that I really believe in time, history, and sequence, in this sort of simpleminded way --- I also think in a sense we create our past when we look into the past --- yet we, right now, are at least in some sense the past of some other beings in the "future" --- though where we are the most real is right now."

[Thanks, M. Hope you don't mind my pasting here.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links