Friday, January 21, 2005

But what do YOU think they mean?

It’s Friday freaky fortune hour!

Let’s see…what do we have today?

Well, freshly extracted from their golden brown skins, today’s fortunes are these:

“Friends long absent are coming back to you.”

and

“Your skill will accomplish what the forces of many cannot.”

Grab em up, kids!

For myself, I can only imagine that my friends long absent and on their way back to me are those I will see in May. You see, in the year 2000, while living in Venice, my friends and I made a pact to meet up in five years. To make it easy on ourselves, it became known as the “20-05 Pact”: we will meet in New York on 20.05 in 2005 at 20:05. Lately, some of the Italians, Brits and Croatians in the pact have been getting jiggy with the planning, which is all very exciting. I can only imagine how many of them I can stuff into my apartment before the floor collapses…but hey! A pact’s a pact!

Otherwise, maybe it is referring to the crazy people I will probably hang around with tonight. I mean, it’s been a whole week since I’ve seen them and nearly died in the process…

And as for my skill, what can the forces of many really accomplish anyhow? Isn’t that some kind of obvious put down? Can’t I do more than lots of people who can’t do anything? Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi…

3 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger she said...

well. i am not really your friend. and i haven't been absent long. but i did get back today.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger TK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger TK said...

my first comment got swallowed up my the ever-hungry blog monster, it seems. s, it said something like welcome home and my people have agreed with your people that we can be friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links