Thursday, January 13, 2005

Keep On Rockin In the Idiot World

Mo’ Dowd writes today about the phenomenon of powerful men marrying service-industry women. Here are some excerpts:

“I'd been noticing a trend along these lines, as famous and powerful men took up with the young women whose job it was to tend to them and care for them in some way: their secretaries, assistants, nannies, caterers, flight attendants, researchers and fact-checkers.
Men think that women with important jobs are more likely to cheat on them.

“Women, by contrast, did not show a marked difference in their attraction to men who might work above or below them. And men did not show a preference when it came to one-night stands.

“The study found that a high I.Q. hampers a woman's chance to get married, while it is a plus for men. The prospect for marriage increased by 35 percent for guys for each 16-point increase in I.Q.; for women, there is a 40 percent drop for each 16-point rise.”


This makes me feel all agog. Which only goes to show how frighteningly naïve I can be. Then again, with the divorce rate what it is, maybe that proves how terrifyingly stupid these matches are. “Prospect for marriage”? Like, who cares anymore anyway?

4 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Michael said...

My wife is more intelligent, more successful, more beautiful, and more personable than I.

I only beat her at one thing in all my life.

I won her heart and she only won mine.

Take Care
Michael

and we're still married after all these years!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger TK said...

jesus, v. get thyself out of the trailer parks and kiddie areas. they are lawsuits waiting to happen, dontcha know.

my fortune today says: "Wish you a good health!" which is just so sweet. on the back, it teaches me how to say "reporter," fortuitously enough: Ji-zhe, which, of course, sounds like "jesus."

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Earth Bound Misfit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Earth Bound Misfit said...

Hey Vex... Wanted to remind you. That was MY fortune.

Which, however, would require me to become a lesbian. Though, at the rate I'm going, I should have better luck and perhaps even less frustration... Hence why I thought it would be more appropriate in your hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links