Tuesday, February 12, 2008

She Felt Like Bean in My Lap

My sister made a baby yesterday.

Freja!


I told her Danish baby-making husband that she has an amazingly formed human face for a 3-hour-old human.

“I know,” he said. “I was hoping she’d look a little bit more like an alien.”

I cried all over her. She cried like a tiny little crying bean and strangely would stop as soon as I said, "Shhhhh, shhhhh, shhhh."

I told her a few things.

I told her she’s pretty lucky; she has pretty cool parents who love her.

I told her she’ll probably be pretty smart, that it seems unlikely she won't be with parents like that.

I told her it’s going to be great.

And, I told her, at the very least, she doesn't have to worry: It's going to be interesting.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This made me cry. That is all.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger TK said...

you crying just made me cry.
fucking life.
it's so wonderful sometimes.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger extraspecialbitter said...

Congratulations, Aunt McBickle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links