Friday, November 16, 2007

You Don’t Have to Speak Back

The other night I was at my local bar. Outside for a smoke, group of men I don’t know give me a light. Woman walks up.

“Wooow,” says one guy.

“Hm,” I say. “I wish people would say, ‘Wooow,’ when I walked up.”

“I did in my head when I saw you!” that guy says. “And I wanted to talk to you, but I didn’t know what to say. So I came up with a joke to say to you.”

“Oh, yeah?” I say. “I’m definitely not leaving until I hear that joke.”

“Well,” he says, “it’s actually more of a song title.”

“Go for it,” I tell him.

“Ready?” he asks. “It’s called ... 'You Don’t Have to Speak Back.'”

[Blank stare.]

[Blank stare.]

“Night,” I say.

“Night,” he says.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - there should be a McBickle comic strip. Lots of ironic grinning, pertness, uncomforatble silences, crazy people and great Google ads. Again with the laughing out loud and staff looking worried.

ADxx

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger TK said...

if you know how to draw mcbickle looking "pert," please proceed, by all means.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger she said...

bahahahaha! stupid men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links