Friday, February 08, 2008

I Am a Venetian Blind

The pain of the hangover is…crushing? Boring through my skull? Exhausting? All of this and every clichéd way to describe it, which is the only way I can describe it right now. There have got to be better ways. Like a pile of sludge behind my eyes? Oh, god. That only made it hurt more and turn my stomach.

The highlights of my night seem to have included a photo booth, a series of drinks on the old boss’s card, and a gay, blind man from Venice.

Here went the recollection of that this morning:

“That was a gay, blind Italian last night.”

“He was from Venice.”

“Oh. Oh my god ... he was a VENETIAN BLIND.”

Wait, it’s coming back now. The reason I started this entry was this line I got last night:

“You’re looking pretty bangable. Do you have a boyfriend?”

And this, my friends, from a man I know. And even like. And no, it was not a joke. I hadn’t seen him in a few months, and this was the first thing he said to me. Men are amazing. You, men: you are amazing. You amaze me.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You’re looking pretty bangable". I actually nearly fell off my seat. I like his lo-fi approach. I also like the fact I can imagine your facial expression reaction. Chuckling now ust thinking about it. And again.

AD x

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger TK said...

"lo-fi."
"bangable."
"chuckling."
heh.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger extraspecialbitter said...

and I'll bet he was bewildered that you somehow didn't take his pronouncement as the sincerest of compliments...

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger TK said...

we did have a healthy exchange where i attempted to impress upon him that i did not take it as a compliment whereas he tried to convince me he meant it with the upmost honesty, which still, it would seem, not equal a compliment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links