Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cloudy Here, With a Chance of Stars in My Eyes

People have been crawling out of their hidey holes these days to say hello, and I am just thrilled. I feel like my arms are open and there are all these friends rushing up to hug me. A new map is forming in my head of my human connections from points east and west of New York City: England, India, England, Italy, Iraq…England again. Why are all you Brits so good at making me happy?

In totally unrelated photo posting…
Here is a photograph of a 99-cent store sign. And a connecting overpass with that fantastic copper-green tone. There are many of these overpasses in Venice, only they are much, much lower down and usually made of stone. I have heard stories that they were constructed when a couple got married. The husband and wife would live in one building, and the bridge would connect to another home, one occupied by the wife’s family. I don’t think that is what is happening in this shot near Penn Station. But who can be sure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links