Saturday, July 28, 2007

Off to Water My Plants Now

Pondering:
I am considering collecting the air with a ladle and making a meal out of it.
I am thinking of sleeping less.
I am wondering if a person can die if they forget to breathe. As in forget to take actual breaths, as I seem to do often these days.
I am curious how I am using "Google Docs" for the first time and opened it up and found three previous documents by me. Only two of which I recognized.

Grooming:
My plants are thirsty.
My room needs straightening.
My hair needs washing.
I am in need of a laundromat.

Potentially Accepting:
I am discovering that people I would like to understand are unfathomable. I am realizing others are reassuringly consistent.
I am enjoying my new job immensely.
I am realizing I am one of the adults in my office.
I am becoming aware that my four office walls will become horribly familiar eventually.

Things That Make Me Want to Poke My Eyes Out:
Jonathan Schwartz and his elevator music.
Waterbugs.
Wanting to talk to someone who does not call back.
Lists that have a rhythmic grammatical quality.

Things That Make It All Seem OK-to-Good:
Knowing that my bed is extraordinarily comfortable.
Knowing that I have complex, loving friends.
Knowing that I live in the best city in the world, and in one of the coziest corners of it.
Recognizing that this part of the list is about Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
Gerunds.

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger cy said...

may i eat the feast of air with you? i'll ladle it up and we don't have to sleep at all...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger TK said...

no, no, it's SOPORIFIC air. besides, it left the city today to lurk elsewhere. i'm sure it will be back soon, in which case we can lap it up and take a nice nap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links