Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm Choking

FANtastic! I am being terrorized by a 12-foot roach, better known as a waterbug, or the monster of perverted New York bugs. I have currently chemically barricaded it in my roommate's room. (She isn't home.) To explain....There is 1.5-inch gap beneath her door. I chased said monster with the NYT Metro section into her room, grabbed the foulest, earth-destroyingest cleaning spray in my house and sprayed a barrier line under her door. If it crosses this noxious wall, I will know it is truly an alien. That'd be cool. I put the section of paper in front of the foamy line...for no reason whatsoever. Maybe it will find some decent reading and stay back. Back, I say.

Forgive me. I am one day off my new, kick-ass, full-time occupation, which is journalism-related but out of a newsroom. Sniff. But, good. Very good. Nine or so hours flew by today and I looked back at what I'd done and thought, Fuck. I did things that might do something good in the world. So it shall go. I hope. Now I just have to work on my sleep. You know, waking up at 7 is not something I've had to do in a while. No one should really. But to get out of work at...oh god. I hear it. It is so big it is making sounds.

Clearly, either it will die, or I will, from the fumes.

Wish us luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links