Monday, June 12, 2006

It's Like a Pantyliner

Here's my wisdom for the day: Always have a backup. In this case, a backup man. Or Dan.

Blind date arrives to meet blind date at a bar. Woman sees man who is potentially blind date (she vaguely might recognize from his picture).

"Are you Dan?" she asks him.
"No," he says. He stares at her.
"Wait," he says. "What did you say?"
"Are you Dan?" she repeats.
"Yes, actually, I am Dan, but I don't think I am the Dan you are looking for," he says.
"Ah, I suppose you aren't then," she says. "I'm meeting a blind date named Dan, and I thought you might be him."
He contemplates this.
"Well, if he doesn't show up, let me know," he says. "I'll be here."

Woman wanders over to bar, locates correct Dan. Bizzaro World recedes into candlelit background.

Fin.

[And, to stick with this week's theme: "These are not the droids you are looking for."]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links