Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wabbits

I'm on the phone, trying to remember what lives in a "warren." Yesterday, I overheard someone using the phrase "a warren of -----" and it is suddenly driving me crazy that I don't know what lives in a warren. So here we go:

7 entries found for warren.
war·ren    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (wôrn, wr-)
n.

1.
a. An area where rabbits live in burrows.
b. A colony of rabbits. See Synonyms at flock1.

2. An enclosure for small game animals.
3.
a. An overcrowded living area.
b. A mazelike place where one may easily become lost: a warren of narrow, dark alleys and side streets.

Do you like how the definitions progress from sweet and cuddly to slightly unpleasant to kind of creepy to downright upsetting in a horror-story kind of way?

I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links