Saturday, December 04, 2004

Around a Smelly Assemblance of Things

Spending the afternoon futzing with oil paints. Trying to sort all the resins, etc., out.
Otherwise, wondering if this muscle relaxer I've been given is actually helping the spasms I've got in my back, or just making me generally A Much Better Painter than usual. In my eyes. My hazy, muscle-relaxed eyes...

Really, one shouldn't write unless on some form of altering drug, shouldn't one? Or at least cigarettes, which is breaking down the smokers I work with into dithering morons because they can't smoke at their desks.
I'm trying to remember all the drugs writers I've known over the years have resorted to. The most recent revelation I've heard recently was crack cocaine. That's how he said it: "crack cocaine." That was an unexpected drug. Another instance of realizing that nothing should be unexpected.

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger she said...

a few of my favourite authors? lewis carroll, leonard cohen, and hunter s thompson: alice in wonderland, beautiful losers, and fear & loathing in las vegas. hmmm, interesting.

oh and check this out: http://cocaine.org/shakespeare/

i rest your case.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger TK said...

that's great. thanks. at this point, i'm wishing i could excise the muscle relaxer. my back still hurts and i've just had a blathering phone conversation with a friend who laughed at me a lot. as for the painting, i'm at it for five minutes at a time, tops. shakespeare probably applied cow dung or something equally renaissance-gross to help his back. either that, or the coke numbed him. better to be up than down, perhaps. then again, i've seen no evidence that shakespeare had back pain at all. i'll have to go back and reread...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links