Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Plugging Out

Reminds me of a happy way I ask people to turn off the lights: "Will you shut the light?"
Apparently, this is not something other people say. SHUT.
Fine.
Heard an NPR piece this morning about a study asking people to get off the Internet. Remove thyself from the superhighway. People went through real withdrawal, it sounds like. But I'm not sure that I would. I think I have gone weeks at a time without it, and, well, you just live on. In fact, I wish I were reared in the world of reporting without it. Learning to pick up the phone or consult a library, etc., seems like a good way of doing this work, instead of sorting through the mess of the web. Sometimes. Fuck it. Withdraw thyself. And then withdraw...

A little wound up with work irritations at the moment. A little wound up with the inability to enact things. Please don't ask me what that means. Tired of the fact that drivers drive like slugs in the rain. Although pleased to have realized that I now drive like a New York cabbie. All crazy-like.

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger TK said...

Maybe that's what I say: Close the light. No goddamn please and thank you yes lady you got it right there, goddamnit! (damnit? dammit? dagnabit.)

I also prefer to "put the water up to boil." Does that strike you as strange?

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger TK said...

I will identify that comment as the First Introduction of Sex on this blog. I think.

It's...dismantling.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger she said...

how delicious...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links