Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Killing Me Softly

So it's a shit-kicking week:

1. A woman told me I'm not gay enough to date. While we were on a date. A second date.

2. I lost my bank card.

3. My book is in the shit-can toilet.

4. Two of my best friends got engaged.
[I am aware that this is normally good news.]

5. My sister got engaged.
[I am aware that this is normally good news as well.]

6. It is 657 degrees.

Items of general additional irritation:

7. Bank employees gain pleasure from making you wait on lines, which makes those of us waiting on lines inordinately angry.

8. Credit card companies make you make automatic payments and then call you to make them again because they somehow never processed the first ones.

9. Ex-boyfriends are still not moving their boxed-up shit-can crap from someone's apartment.

10. Doing freelance work requires hunting down accounting departments with a rifle filled with bird-shot and preferably a wild-eyed vice president at your side.

General sources of amusement:

11. .

12. .

13. Exactly.

4 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gluckschmerz. I just spent ten minutes tracking that word down, just for you.

Clearly, one of the reasons your list of things of general amusement is sadly brief is because you haven't been reading my weblog enough.

Another reason is that, despite our vow to get together after I got back, we haven't done so yet. Let us rectify this mistake as soon as possible: for real.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger TK said...

you might have just written my eulogy with that one word.

my book is back out of the shit-can. we have things to celebrate. lemme know.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger extraspecialbitter said...

#1 strikes me as "Kissing Jessica Stein"-esque. And yes, that's a compliment.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger TK said...

esb: i'm a different bird altogether. but thanks. i see what you mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links