Saturday, July 08, 2006

Narcissismos

Taught

Elongated

Stretch

I fell asleep wondering about the sexual sounds of words. I easily came up with a long list of words that imply sexuality, but also sound sexual. I excluded words that were specifically about sex and, instead, tried to focus on the sounds and the possible contexts in which you could say/hear them. The list was long, but I remember only those three.

I dreamed I was winning all my school swim team races. We were from my university, competing against other schools, and we knocked them all out, race by race. One length butterfly, two lengths breast. Water over the head, nostrils above the water. It was very satisfying. In the way that physical movement--and physical triumph--feels. When asked the name of our team for the record (the scorekeeper's record), we all scratched our wet heads and gave up the name of our school’s sports teams. And then added the word “Alterna-.” And then someone offered up “Heathens.”

I also did what I now know I do repeatedly and stunningly in my dreams throughout my life: I flew. It’s more of a floaty fly than an actual soaring. Apparently, it is my dream specialty to amaze people with my ability to move in the air about a room and hover when I so feel like it with so little effort. Then there are the dips and swirls I unroll through the air for my own happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links