Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Dismay

I decided the only thing I wanted to blog about today was: dismay. But then I realized I had no idea what I wanted to say about it. So I googled it.

First came up this page about Celtic music, called Celtic Music and More - Wild Dismay.

That wasn’t quite right.

The next page on google gave me the Dictionary.com reference, which was somewhere, but not fully there yet.

Next came Poems of Death & Dismay, which I definitely did not want to read, but quite liked the dread feeling of.

And finally, google’s fourth entry was this one: The New York Times > National > 2 Reporters Express Dismay but Say ...

Say…what? I don’t know what they say, but I like the idea of changing “2” to “1” and thinking that somehow google knew that there was a reporter out there/here somewhere who just needed to express dismay and say something, even if she doesn’t know what it is.

Thanks, google.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger TK said...

i'm glad at least one of us is thinking globally.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Christine Testa said...

awww come on, turn that frown upside down...just kidding. I think the best way to solve dismay is to kick someone in the shins. It doesn't particularily matter whose shins, just so long as the person is a nuisance at the time. Other wise, just go visit the pink elephants.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger TK said...

can i love people i don't know? cause kicking someone in the shins while a little bit tipsy is just what i needed. damn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links