Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Next No Thing

I have to wonder what the bloggers will think of next. I mean to blog about. The election is over and done with. A few days of pouting and misery in the entries will surely give way to something of substance. What will it be?

Man-monkey love?

Something equally absurd, I'm sure. I no longer have confidence that we who care care long and hard enough. No, I believe we do, but I suppose I wonder what all the words are for. We value certain things, the majority, it appears, value other things. Caring and dithering and blathering can't change that, any more than their blathering can change my mind.

So cancel the not caring idea, and change it to not effective.

We cannot be effective. And that is endlessly frustrating.

The one major eye-opener I've felt these past couple of days is a need to understand the right in this country. And the political bloggers are all over that, as is the media, which is nice and edumacating. The reassuring part of learning to understand them is realizing that they, too, will only be effective to a point. I hope.

In any case, I have the odd happening of a "check-up" this afternoon, something I have not had since I went to a pediatrician, I believe. I saw an internist for a specific reason a while ago, and she scheduled this check-up. What will they check? What havoc have these years brought upon my body? How is my blood? (Viscous? Runny? Blue?) I know already: stop smoking.

But what vices then?
Always more vices.
Always more dissatisfaction.
Always more delusional and self-deluded people.
Always more to write about.

(My job is safe. Whew.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links