Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Contrastingly

CNN.com - Still burning bright - Sep 20, 2004--inspired me to find a picture of the oldest bulb still working in the country, which I had seen somewhere before. All this tech crap is making me nostalgic. For a time I never saw. How boring is that.

It's also making me think about a documentary I saw or possibly heard about a lone phone booth in the Mojave Desert. People call it. Someone usually answers. Seems like an older fashioned form of unusual connection than this thing, one that I really like. The chance of finding someone at the phone, as well as the deliberateness in dialing it, or waiting there for a call, in the sand, by the desert brush.

(This is probably the oldest working lightbulb in the U.S., or the world. "First installed at the fire department hose cart house in 1901. Then moved to fire station at First and McLeod, then to its present site in 1976 at the fire station, 4550 East Ave., Livermore, California.")
 Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links