Friday, September 17, 2004

UrBlogging

My god, this saves the day, doesn't it? Or, as I have said to some, it saves you blabbery e-mails. So now we're both satisfied.
Ah, the breadth of satisfaction

is

small.

Have reached a small, rocky peak of dissonance this afternoon that came out of nowhere. Which is always wrong. Everything comes from somewhere. Maybe this one came out of the phone calls to domestic violence groups, post-horrible wife-slaying nearby. The sadness of society, says the woman at one organization. But it's also the sadness of a man in a photograph on his knees outside his flattened home in Florida, or Alabama, or somewhere around there, and the very dizzying crunch my gut feels when I look at the electoral predictions. But honestly, it's a nameless animal that has worked its way behind my eyes, and now out my fingers.

Reminds me of a note I once received in the mail from my grandmother: "Please accept this nameless, faceless bunny. He needs a home." It was attached to a teddy bear. I kid you not.

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Bears that look like bunnies need homes too.

I love what you've written so far :-)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger TK said...

Somebody's reading. That's nice. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links