Friday, September 17, 2004

Image-ing

Just spent a while with a media guy who was talking to a few of us about going on tv as reporters (there are a couple shows people from here regularly appear on). "Simple clothes." "Men should wear foundation." "Don't look at the cameras." Blah. And blah.

One of us kept wondering about her mind going blank from nerves. Another worries about looking like an investment banker in a suit. An editor just told me when he does a show, his biggest fear is using the "n" word. He never uses this word, he just fears it might fly out of his mouth while taping. Odd. My singular fear is fear of fear itself, I guess, because I never forget what I want to say, or worry about how I come across, it's more of an instantaneous shakey thing that either happens or doesn't. No rhyme or reason as to when it happens, as far as I've ever noticed. So it's kind of like fear of fear of fear itself.

(A friend who once did a tv appearance told me he was horrified to realize that his face looked "like a white t-shirt.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links