Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year From My Totem


I saw this huge bird outside my kitchen window this morning. I immediately thought, "Falcon," but maybe it was a red-tailed hawk?

I took the first photo with its back to me then on my second shot the stupid flash went off and it flew away.


Here's the meaning if it's a falcon (according to whatever Internet loon):

"At its core, the Falcon represents visionary power, wisdom, and guardianship. This powerful bird awakens visionary power, and leads you to your life purpose. The Falcon carries with it a message of transition and change – perhaps in your vocation, work, career, etc. The fact that this Peregrine chose to show itself to you is a powerful message in itself. This is a call for you to pay attention to the your performance, your function, your actions."

And if a red-tailed hawk:

"
To accept this Totem, is to be knighted as a Guardian and Protector of the Earth Mother and all her Children, to possess an astute awareness of the interconnectedness of all things, and an inner reverence for all life. These are the souls that are involved in making the world a better place. They will be protectors of the Earth, encouraging and educating Others to do the same. Does the Red Tail appear and Shadow you from day to day? If so, What message did it reveal?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links