Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday Morning

In the past 12 hours I’ve had a budding relationship end, a good friendship begin, a man seek me out on “Missed Connections” on Craigslist, another tell me he loves me, and yet one more punch me as he passed me on his bicycle for no reason other than malice.

The sky is dark with rain and my head is achey and full of the pain and hurt and love of others, taken and offered and shoved at me. I’m considering going into that alternate universe now. You know, crying there a little, as I did to my bagel man this morning, who kindly offered to break in two the man on the bike: “I will snap him in half,” he told me. Thank you, bagel man. I appreciated the physical demonstration of snappage you gave me with your hands.

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger cy said...

long 12 hours.

i know how you feel. i just want to burst full of love and sadness these days - or only when i'm not too tired, i suppose.

and i'd fuck up 'puncher' for you. and then buy you a bagel.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger TK said...

i know you would, cy.
thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links