Monday, January 29, 2007

Atmospheric Diversions

Tonight there is the first true snow of our New York winter. The flakes are thick and liquid and marvelous. The kind of falling snow you want to stand in and smile. You want to look into it and feel a little dizzy as the white clumps sting your face. And you love it.

I want to recommend an amazing site: Pandora.com.

Part of something called the "Music Genome Project," it will calculate your own perfect radio stations for you based on what music you like…say, Art Blakey, and you're off.

It's part of my new "Web 2.0" persona, dontcha know. Someone told me I'm possibly falling into that abyss. It seems not a bad place to fall. Music tailored to you, instant conversations with friends in all parts of the world at times of the day that are entirely distant from yours yet somehow perfectly essential.

3 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Internet geekdom rules.

AD xx

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger zydeco fish said...

I've checked out Pandora. My thought was that it was too predictable. If you enter Bod Dylan, you get all of the usual suspects. I guess that is the only way it can work.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger TK said...

AD: you rule.

ZF: I'm probably really, truly web 2.0 about it all, which means, fer sure, that web 2.1-2.9 will be much, much better. what can i say? i'm always at the forefront and soon easily fall behind. it's a blessing and a curse...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links