Friday, November 17, 2006

Or Maybe It Is Sumer

Oh my god, I am living in the ancient city of Ur, New York. The skyline from my bedroom window is a golden orange, the striations of clouds above it lavender blue and the layers of buildings are ziggurats, stacked one in front of the next, giving those of us across the Euphrates-East River a rare vision of the towers of the people who dwell near heaven.

Now I look again: The skyline is flat, the clouds are gray and the people of this third-millennium city are, like, "Mesopawho?"

Snakey.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm telling you girl ....

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger TK said...

what do you expect from a fellow chosen person from the motherland? we are probably related, don't you think?

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger cy said...

i'll get that some mornings, when i roll over and look out the window. the thick sheets of snow and ice can be beautiful, and the cold creating the thick fog, and the sun trying to break through too, all at once.

then i think of how fucking cold it really is out there, and how i can only hope my car will start, and how it will take me an hour and a half to get to the university, and how my hands will still be cold becasue there is another new hole in my mittens.

long aside. sorry.

but this one made me smile for many reasons. it's wonderful, ms. mcbickle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links