Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I am Metatextual

Here are my phone’s stored text messages. They reach back a year or so. Think of this as an exercise in connection: sender to receiver, writer to reader, phone to phone, computer to computer, snark to snark, life to life. Then think of "Howard's End" to understand the only motto I've ever lived by. Throw in an olive, and imbibe.

Texts to me:
Me too. I think that is pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from falling asleep right now.

Wishing you were awake….

Absolutely! Let’s do it again soon.

Effing guys in bands. That’s original.

R u making out with [redacted]? Dirty.

Waiting for RAF flight back to Baghdad. Delayed bcz sun drove cabin temp to 75 C

Hi from between Basra and Umm Qasr

So tell me…are we having fun yet?

{wordless staring}

you win for best birthday text. Again, thanks for the smile

Just thought I’d say hi beautiful.

Having sex in bathroom! So good!

Pussy

And you too! So glad you are in my life.

Still here? What’s crackin?

Miss you. Even if you’re closed.

Does this mean u don’t want the lump of coal I got 4 u?

Hello poodle. In a meeting. Love you.

Liebeskind is trying on tennies at Paragon Sports.

Ecco mi qua.

Hey smidgen, there’s a surprise for you between the mattresses.

Reading ur blog u are an amazing writer

U2 little lady. We were smart 2nite. Cause 4 celebrati6on. Soon…[Redacted] wondered where my friend was

Hey girl reporter, luscious girl reporter.

Just thought I’d say hi…mcbickle. Hi.

Leaving my friend


My texts:
Can I buy you a drink at bar [redacted]? Here with a friend. I just saw Jupiter’s moons.

You know you don’t need money to see me. Last I heard, I’m low-cost. Which is different from low-rent.

Your father is a genius

Apparently everyone thought we left to make out. I told them we totally were. See you Sunday.

We are today. At a private art collection in the country.

That beat the pussy message. Thank you

My computer is still freaking. [redacted], what’s the answer? In life, not computers.

You called me pussy, bitch!

Stuck in an elevator. For real

6 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>the answer?

Reboot. Yourself, not the computer. Well, the computer, too. And upgrade to OS X.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger TK said...

but where's the switch?

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's already flipped. It's just a matter of waking up (or turning yourself on). There are of course a number of ways to interpret that...

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not reboot .... reinstall ;it requires more than a switch.
but anyway , throwing things away,one by one or in bulk is good ;it's a begining

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it doesn't require anything at all. Literally: it requires nothing...

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger TK said...

since when are all you people a bunch of nihilists? actually, it cracks me up when MotN and Mitsu get going. you guys are so different in your philosophies of life, yet both so interesting. so, what i glean here is, throw my shit out the window. or don't. um, stare at walls. or not. relax. or shake things up. hm. i think i'll go back to drinking. vex, where are you when i need you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links