Monday, October 10, 2005

Forgive Me, Bl-ggers

In trying to determine when Yom Kippur is this year (this week), I ended up at a site called “jewfaq.” Heh.

(The best thing about this site is that it hyperlinks “G-d.”

G-d is just a click away…)

My basic understanding of the holiday has always been like this description on the site: “The name "Yom Kippur" means "Day of Atonement," and that pretty much explains what the holiday is. It is a day set aside to "afflict the soul," to atone for the sins of the past year.”

Yet it seems my plan of atonement towards anyone other than “G-d” this year gets snagged by jewfaq’s further explanation:

“Yom Kippur atones only for sins between man and G-d, not for sins against another person. To atone for sins against another person, you must first seek reconciliation with that person, righting the wrongs you committed against them if possible. That must all be done before Yom Kippur.”

Well, it turns out the holiday is at sundown on Wednesday, so it is, technically, still before Yom Kippur.

Allora.

I hearby seek reconciliation with anyone I have committed wrongs against, which surely includes you, my blogables. I have knowingly written crap and asked you to set your eyes on it. I have knowingly spewed from my foggy brain words that are not worthy of eyes. I have used too many adverbs, too many code words, and too much cynicism, by some accounts. Can you forgive me?

I seek atonement. Believe me, I could use it.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger TK said...

a friend who shall remain nameless, (unless she chooses to be named), has this to say:

"either give me the happy chemicals or send me back to oblivion, mofo."

that, you should know, was addressed to "G-d."

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgive you

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger TK said...

i feel the love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links