Sunday, October 09, 2005

Beanix

To put that last post in perspective, consider it in contrast to the other image that is stuck in my head lately: A beagle, perched like royalty, at the top of a red plastic slide. I saw this posturing on my way from the subway past a doggie-gym/store near Houston St. I paused to goggle at the scrunched up bunches of pugs in the windows, but soon realized that the most fascinating view in the doggie/gym store was actually this beagle. She was so poised, so much a phoenix above the plastic gymboree and sleeping dogs. What ashes she rose from, I’m really not sure. But I liked that she was in no rush to get down from her peak, and certainly had little interest in going down the human-constructed slide. No, this beagle just wanted to sit. Not think. Not slide. Just be.

Not so much like a phoenix, no.
But I'm done with analogies for the evening. I leave you with images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links