Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Eating the Fish From the Inside Out

I spent $120 today to have someone tell me to, um, relax. Yes, I think that was the message. Couldn’t she have written it down for that kind of money? Or, like, thrown in some pills alongside it?

(One of these days I will take up the offer of the sidewalk psychic who, daily, says to me, “Lady, a reading?” Five dollars seems so reasonable.)

“We live this life of abandonment, in New Orleans…” says Mr. X on CNN. I don’t know who this guy is in the red tie, talking about “floating bodies, snakes, alligators,” but he makes a good point. Nobody is prepared for floating bodies, snakes and alligators. Not even those who live a “life of abandonment.” Shrinks and psychics can’t prepare you for such horrors, but maybe if you pay them a lot (or a little) money, you’ll be able to keep the nightmares at bay, and, you know, just…relax.

4 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Christine Testa said...

Or spend the 120 on a massage.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger TK said...

the last massage i got left me feeling beaten. in a good way. nice suggestion, x. thanks.

any others?

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger TK said...

you mean i'll figure out that i owe you money? nice, v. i love that. this is my attempt to save myself from my friend, whose computer i'm using, who will write entirely inappropriate things if i don't appropriate the screen. she's at the point in the night where she is adding an "m" into every three syllable word. which is pleasurable, if a bit predictable.

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

predicta-ma-ble?? me?? never!

(secretly, for an extra 5-dolla very happy ending, yes!)

haha, she's with me and y'all haven't had the pleasure of staying up all night with her (butt) on the couch talking about life and love and the universe and STUFF.

- cheers 'n stuff
Mrs. Buttles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links