Monday, August 15, 2005

Sound-Bite-Sized Questions

What’s a girl to do when a big-name TV anchor calls to ask about her reporting on one of her stories? (Speaking of which, why do so many people assume I work for TV when I say I’m a reporter? Doesn’t anyone read anymore? Besides TV news anchors, that is?)

I know what a girl is to do: allow herself to discuss said story, not at great length, and allow herself to believe, with incredible naiveté, that said anchor will credit her paper, at the very least, with the original reporting. My editor told me she was glad I “still have a sense of humor.”

My sense of humor feels on the fritz, after driving through torrential thunderstorms on the way home from Boston last night, arriving home to a 400-degree apartment and getting to work less-than-raring to go, only to be the opposite of super-sized by a TV dude who uses the word “telescoping” in the way that only J-schoolers ever say it.

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger TK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger TK said...

i just schitzo-phrenetically removed my own comment because it made about five too many references to poking one's own eyes out and bud light. apologies all around.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Christine Testa said...

we can assasinate said anchor if it will make you feel better...

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger TK said...

fighting words from canada!
thanks for the kind and violent offer, x. much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links