Monday, July 11, 2005

Lllllamas

I’m really taking this slow loss of academia hard in my subconscious. I dreamed last night I had been accepted to Amherst to study lit. It was a deep thrill to imagine myself in the snowy woods, in a softy lit attic office, surrounded by texts. How nice for me. Back to so-called reality. Again.

Reality entails writing today about a man who is doing something quite humanitarian, but would have his efforts be told in Broadway musical style if at all possible. Instead I’m going to tune in to a little Iron & Wine or M.I.A., if I’m feeling sassy.

The weekend was sun-soaked in rural New Jersey, with my dog and my father. The poor girl, she’s hitting 11-year-old Labrador moment, which means her tushy is weak (okay, her back legs) and has a silly gray beard over her black coat. My dad took me to a nearby B & B that has llamas and alpacas out back. We stared at them. They stared at us. They’re funny looking.

In good news, someone on my trip to Mexico has sent me photos of me holding sea lions in a bikini. Imagine. The things we do (when we’re lucky).

Have a good morning and tell me what you did over the weekend or will do today, my silent readers.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Miss Adventure said...

yamas are exceedingly funnylooking. i think their legs have been attached wrong.

thank god you're back, i was having mcbickle withdrawal.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger TK said...

meh. withdrawal sounds so serious. i mean, i've been in vex withdrawal for like a week or two, then there's all the substances, not to mention all the missing "L"s in "llamas"...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger TK said...

there you go, you understand then. i feel soothed. cybersoothed. not in a dirty way. really.

and you nailed it with "fuzzy prairie serpents, but different." nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links