Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Food for Fodder

Who knows why I didn’t know about this site: This Modern World

Fortunately, now I do. And now you do, too.

I was googling for Jack Hitt, one of my favorite writers and radio storytellers (hear him on This American Life), and found out that he blogs on Tom Tomorrow’s space sometimes. Happiness. You can also read his current story in Harper’s. Hitt has a way of talking on the paper and making you laugh through a topic that would be boring in other hands. He shows you the wit in just living. I promise.

J also swears he used to have coffee next to him at a small café in New Haven, and we’re pretty sure we saw him the last time we were there. All Yaley looking in a tweed coat.

Anyway, going to Tomorrow’s site led me to this one, BobHarris.com, which is also a seemingly great read.

All this reminds me to get back into radio. There is nothing as all-consuming (for me) as listening to a solid story. Maybe I’m just an escapist. Maybe I just want to be happy. Like you. Maybe I just want to make you happy.

P.S. Speaking of TAL, Sarah Vowell has a great op-ed piece in the Times today. About her newfound respect for Pat Robertson, of all people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links