Monday, December 20, 2004

I Feel Perverse

Because I have seven email addresses. Eight, if you count my old university one that still functions silently somewhere.

I had six until just now, when I signed up with Gmail because a friend invited me to. How can one turn down 1,000 megs of storage? One can't. So now I have:

1. Hotmail: Primary address.
2. Yahoo: Secondary, occasionally primary address.
3. Fastmail: Storage account, for documents, things I'm writing, etc.
4. Outlook: Work address.
5. Myway: Trusty special McBickle address.
6. Grad School email: Yes, that.
7. Gmail: Fucking seven.

I'm so ashamed.

I first learned about email in my first year of college. We used "Pine," a ridiculous program that resembled "Basic" programming in interface, and now looks like a ludicrous Communist Bloc application. We sat in the "Computer Center" and learned that we could write mysterious notes to one another.

Merry is the technology, woe to the user who loses her sense of control in it all.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Michael said...

And you got me blacklisted on every single one.
I mean it¡

Take Care
Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links