Saturday, October 02, 2004

Tentacling

Seems like the last couple of days have brought friends from the past out of the woodwork. (I like the literal reading of that, like little mice who have finally chewed through the baseboards.)

A friend from Europe has asked if I have a web cam. Seems a reasonable request considering I have BLOG, but alas, no. Happily no. (She has just requested that she be named Athena in this entry.)

Upon her question about my ownage of a web cam, here was Athena's reply to my "no":

"good. i hate web cams. i firmly believe there was a good reason video-phones didn't catch on in the 70's. it's because people like being naked, ugly, drunk, themselves really when they talk on the phone or text."

Now we wonder what those Europeans do when nobody's looking.
Apparently, in Italy they use their bidets more than seems humanly comfortable. (I learned this from an Italian directly.) She wondered why we Americans do not use bidets. "But how do you wash yourself?" she asked. In the bath or shower, I told her. "Only once a day?" she marvelled. Uh, yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links