Friday, September 24, 2004

Spaperers

Leave it to Clyde Haberman to give journos a handy new nickname in the face of "bloggers:" spaperers.

The New York Times > NYC: We Have Met the News, and It Is Us. There's also this handy turn of phrase in the story: "We have to remember that we in the media think everything is about us," said Geneva Overholser, a news business veteran who teaches at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. Face it, she said, "we are fascinated with ourselves."

(Hm.)

Side note: I was once introduced to Haberman by another Times reporter as "---- Schwartz."

And on this day of atonement, I forgive the Irishman who so religiously morphed my name, and I laugh at remembering that it was Haberman who pointed out that this is exactly what had happened.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Schwartz,

I like any article that incorporates the word "kerfuffle."

steathily,
B. Davis

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger TK said...

Hello Ms. Davis,
My, how I appreciate your comment. I, too, credit the man for incorporating the word "kerfuffle" into a story about reporters loving themselves. It has a ruffly, fluffy feeling that resonates with the topic.

Best regards,
Site Manager

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links