Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fang

A coworker chipped her tooth last night, so obviously we have decided to call her "Fang."

This afternoon I bemoaned my glasses falling apart and my car breaking down, and she replied, "At least your teeth aren't crumbling on mushed up chick peas."

Well, this is true.

In other areas of possible interest, NY State has just passed a law that gives property tax breaks to veterans of the "Global War on Terror" (quote marks mine, capitals, theirs).

Apparently, a vet of this "war" (deployed after Sept. 11, 2001) who has won an expeditionary medal now pays 10 percent less tax on their property. I'm just so intrigued by the capitalization, as if the naming of it makes it an official thing. Which, I guess, it does and has. Not to mention the property tax break. How many of these men and women own property?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links