Monday, December 15, 2008

And Lo, We Remain Poor...For Now

Mza: I saw a recipe for absinthe cupcakes.
McBickle: Hm.
Mza: Hahaha.
McBickle: Do you have to make them in Williamsburg?
Mza: It kind of negates the whole idea of absinthe as something you drink when you're depressed verging on suicidal.
McBickle: Oh.
Mza: All of a sudden it's in CUPCAKES.
McBickle: I drank it at a party.
Mza: Yeah, it's legal now or whatev, but it should not be in cupcakes. That's going too far.
McBickle: Pretzels?
Mza: Hummus.
McBickle: I'M EATING HUMMUS RIGHT NOW.
Mza: SHUT UP.
McBickle: Actually babaganoush.
Mza: Does it have any liquor in it?
McBickle: But it's that same container so who the fuck knows. I fucking wish it did. Maker's hummus and I die happy.
Mza: Haha.
McBickle: You laugh.
Mza: Maker’s hummus. OMG.
McBickle: What? Who is joking in this conversation?
Mza: Just like a whole series of normal foods with liquor inserted...
McBickle: OKAY.
Mza: Vodka chips.
McBickle: This could make us very, very rich.
Mza: Bailey's soy milk. YUM.
McBickle: Only you'll have to relent on the cupcakes.
Mza: NO. They can have Frangelico though.
McBickle: Campari CupcakesTM.
Mza: Which is basically cake. Yes. OMG.
McBickle: See?
Mza: That would be GOOD.
McBickle: And this is how Mza and McBickle retired.
Mza: I'm going to make some Campari Cupcakes for the Ladyfriends’ thing.
McBickle: Um. OK?
Mza: Test run. If they go well...
McBickle: And if people puke...
Mza: Ha. I wouldn't put in that much. It'd be like a fruitcake.
McBickle: Cranberry Nut Compari Cake.
Mza: I just found a recipe for Campari Cake. But it involves something called "creme anglese." F that.

(To be continued...or, like, not.)

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crème anglaise is just a very French way of saying custard - I'm working on an equivalent name for Crème anglaise as for Freedom Fries. Perhaps Garlic Eating Surrender Monkey Custard. Cranberry Custard Campari Cake or Cranberry Monkey Custard Campari Cake- I want my royalties!

AD xx

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger TK said...

ooooh, i vote for "Garlic Eating Surrender Monkey Custard." can you work "Shoe Thrower" in there? he's kind of messing up my day. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links