Friday, April 18, 2008

This Weather Makes Me Want to Eat My Own Eyeballs for Pleasure

My bike has been making “clicka-clicka” sounds. Yesterday evening, just at twilight, I unlocked it from a gate outside a Brooklyn bar. Next to me, a tall, handsome lad was unlocking his.

“Do you know anything about gears? Mine are making a funny sound,” I tell him.

“I’m terrible with mechanical things,” he says. “But if you needed something highly technological done to your bike, I’m your guy.”

“Oh, really?” I say. “So if, like, I wanted to make my bike wireless, you could do that?”

“Totally,” he says. “I could totally make your bike wireless. Or, you know, fit it for a BlackBerry.”

Cute. Brooklyn tech dudes are everywhere.

I spent the rest of the evening snagging that one into conversation: “So, like, I could ride by someone, and they’d be, like, ‘Oh! Network! Oh, wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links