Monday, June 20, 2005

Block the Block

I’m having official writer’s block.
Certified.
By me.
As someone who does not usually have it.
So I’m working out the kinks, right here. You know, getting the keys loosened up, the fingers nimble.

I just got back from a few hours touring one of New York’s humungous abandoned mental hospitals. I am talking dilapidated. Creepy. Beautiful. Run down like brick fortresses pecked at by crows. Some probably have been.

I toured the place with a politician in her Jaguar. I accidentally swiped her interior tan upholstery with my black Bic pen.

I did.

On the ride, I discovered my white skin is not ready for the beating sun of Mexico. I may fry like fried ice cream. You know, get all melty inside.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger she said...

this post had me laughing like a maniac. it made me want to buy black pens... a new alternative to stabbing people with them.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger TK said...

i was mortified. seriously mortified. and i even hate black bic pens. bad all around. but at least you laughed. i think i laughed like a nervous maniac after i did it. do you know how hard it is to continue an interview after you've defaced your subject's jaguar?

hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links