Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Nothing Makes Any Sense

Trying to do what is right in life. What does this even mean? Does it mean offering as much respect as you can to the people you care about and then even to the ones you don’t? What about your own self—when are your needs and desires selfish instead of just what is good for you? When is it okay to hurt other people? Why do I spend my days looking for “truth” when anyone with a brain readily admits that everything is subjective?

How do you know when to trust your subject, especially if you are it?

How do you let that person speak enough?

How do you listen well enough that you finally hear?

Don’t give me any one-hand-clapping retorts, people. But give me something here, please. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger TK said...

my mind was polluted by foucault in college. what does one do when, in one year, one's studies carry one's brain from humanism to nihilism to collectivism to? ...fuck critical theory.
my answer to my own question above?
one remains lost for a long, long time, wandering in the hazy woods that is my own brain, occasionally following a path to my own heart, full of underbrush, but regardless getting lost somewhere around the esophagus or lungs or bronchial bits before ever even arriving there, if ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links