Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Morning Distraction

Y’all know that I don’t post spam-type e-mails I get, but a colleague sent this around today, and I post it here as a source of amusement. See how little we actually control in our lives?


How smart is Your Right Foot?

1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.

Your foot will change direction, and there's nothing you can do about it.


THERE’S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. [Repetition and emphasis MINE.]

4 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Christine Testa said...

well actually it could be said that you have some semblance of control. It's a huge philosophical issue though. That is to say, you made a decision that was the causal factor in the change of foot movement so are you therefore in control.
but does that mean if I throw a plate and a week later sheleena steps on a remnant shard, that I meant for it to happen? If someone pays for the service of domination, can they really be submissive? If we have no free will, are we capable of wrong? Does that mean our entire penal code is pointless?

Dude. Whoa. I know kung fu.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger TK said...

What are they feeding you kids up there? And if you chose to put it in your mouth, was that really submissive?

I think i did it--the six and foot thing, last night. But maybe I convinced myself that I did. If there was no one there to witness it, does that mean it really happened? If a tree falls and my foot doesn't switch directions...

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger she said...

we tried this yesterday during our drunken st. patty's day madness. and my friend could actually do it no problem. we think it is because he plays the piano.

this is my new favourite thing to do.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger TK said...

glad to be of service then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links